Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Sunshine

This past week has been great. I never knew that as a film major I would fine my elective business class to be my favorite class of the semester and of, my life so far! I am taking Principles of Management, where we discuss and learn about how to manage a company and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. On Tuesday Sherwin, my professor, delivered the best lecture I have ever heard; it was so in depth and so easy to understand on the topic of competitive advantage. On Thursday we then go in our teams and analyzed companies to see if they had sustainable competitive advantage; my group had Best Buy, and we saw how they are slowly dying. I would bet they will go out of business within 10 years.

Besides that, my week has been full of growth! We had great Torrey discussions on the Nicomachean Ethics, and my German and Film class were both fun.

This week we have also had very nice weather (we always do, but this week it was especially nice!), it has been in the upper 70s and low 80s. I'm heading off to throw the frisbee around! Something I don't get to do usually in the middle of February.

And to cap off the week, Bot is coming today! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment